Room & Board
Why board plants?
As orchid plants mature, they normally provide increased growth and more flowers resulting in a more spectacular plant. Orchid plants of this increased growth and size are not usually available to purchase at reasonable prices. As the plants approach specimen size they should become more enjoyable for you while they are increasing in value.
Our service is perfect for those of you that are busy, going on a trip or just do not have the time or space to grow your plants when they are not in bloom.
Room and Board Service
- There is a 3 month minimum charge for boarding plants.
- Statements for boarding will be sent out quarterly on January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st.
- You will be notified by telephone or mail when your plants are ready to bloom.
- 5 Plant Minimum.
- Plant pickup will be during our normal business hours.
- We can not accept any plants in poor condition. The Department of Agriculture does not allow diseased or infected plants in our greenhouses. You should only board healthy plants that assure you a worthwhile return on the cost of boarding.
- We also do not accept unusual species or complex hybrids that require special growing conditions not currently available in our nursery.
- Watering, feeding and preventative spraying are included on the same basis and as regularly as the plants in our general plant production areas.
- All plants to be left more than 30 days will be repotted if necessary at the standard repotting rates.
- No guarantee beyond our normal reasonable care is offered on any plant
Monthly Boarding Rates
||Price Per Pot
|2" to 5"
||$1.75 per month
|1, 2, & 3 gallon
||$3.00 per month
*Up to 5" repot charge $2.50 per plant.
**Cymbidium repots charged at hourly rate
- All the material necessary for repotting is supplied by Cal Pacific Orchid Farm. This includes our standard pot, media, and additives.
- Our standard rates apply to the repotting in ornamental containers brought in by you.
- All repotting charges are paid at the time the work is done.
- If plants are not picked up within 7 days of repotting, they are subject to standard room and board rates.
- No guarantee beyond our normal, reasonable care is offered on any plant.
||Price Per Pot
|3" to 7"
***1 - 7 gallon plants charged at an hourly rate.